Saturday, March 6, 2010

And We're Rolling!



[Me having a fake fight with Director Jason Koch on Day 1 of shooting in Ocean City. DP Dave Morley has dubbed us, "Bad Cop, Worse Cop." Guess which one I am? Photo by Johnny Alonso.]

Hurray! It is good to be back on the set. Especially when being on the set includes spending a night at my Uncle Paul's in Bethany Beach so that we could be in Ocean City semi-bright & early. Jason and I went out Wednesday night, DP Dave Morley and our lead Johnny Alonso met us in Ocean City at 9:00am Thursday. We shot for a couple hours, just moody stuff of Johnny by himself on the beach. It was pretty cool being in Ocean City while it was a ghost town.

Had some lunch then our convoy dispersed to reassemble 3 hours later at Gunpowder Falls near Baltimore for more shots of Johnny alone, but this time in the woods. We were done before 5:00pm. Maryland is such a great place to make a movie. We have it all - beach, woods, mountains, city, farmland, the bay... pretty much everything but desert!

I have to make this short because I should have already put out call sheets for Monday and Wednesday. There are only a few of us on those days, but tomorrow is a big shooting day at a bar in Federal Hill, and I don't think we have enough extras so I better get to work. My first week of unemployment and I am busier than I have been in months! And happier, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment